By Michael L. Wehmeyer,Ivan Brown,Maire Percy,W.L. Alan Fung,Karrie A. Shogren
The relied on middle incapacity textbook will get a complete replace during this moment variation, now completely revised to incorporate all of the severe subject matters present day execs want to know approximately as they paintings with those who have highbrow and developmental disabilities. delivered to you by means of a brand new staff of world-renowned specialists and members, this quantity absolutely prepares destiny educators, social employees, researchers, and clinicians to supply the easiest prone and helps to young ones and adults around the existence span. Tomorrow's execs will realize what to do and the way to do it as they organize for his or her vital paintings, and they're going to check with this undemanding compendium 12 months after yr for info, insights, and solutions. A cornerstone textual content for any direction concerned with highbrow and developmental disabilities—and an important reference for each in-service professional's library.
THE perfect middle textual content FOR highbrow AND DEVELOPMENTAL incapacity COURSES:
- Broad and deep, with thorough, up to date info on intervention, schooling, kin roles, healthiness concerns, particular disabilities, and masses more
- Life span–focused, with themes starting from genetics and improvement to matters with regards to aging
- Multidisciplinary, mixing learn and private stories of greater than 70 esteemed authors from various fields
- Immediately acceptable, providing either the proof and useful, real-world suggestion on assembly the person wishes of individuals with disabilities
- Student pleasant, with studying ambitions, instructive case tales, stimulating questions for mirrored image, and key net resources
WHATâ€™S NEW: New co-editors and individuals * New and widely up-to-date chapters on severe themes, together with AAC and know-how, autism spectrum ailment, advocacy and self-advocacy, conversation demanding situations, relatives matters, human improvement and genetics, felony and moral issues, and psychopharmacology
SELECTED issues coated: assessment and analysis * habit and psychological well-being * mind plasticity * cerebral palsy * determination making and consent * Down syndrome * early improvement and intervention * schooling * employment * epilepsy * fetal alcohol spectrum affliction * fragile X syndrome * gender matters in developmental disabilities * overseas human rights * dietary issues * parenting * actual healthiness * carrier platforms and techniques * transition from university to grownup lifestyles
Read Online or Download A Comprehensive Guide to Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities PDF
Similar special education books
Assembly the desires of Your so much capable scholars: Geography offers particular advice on:recognising excessive skill and potentialplanning problem, differentiation and enrichment in Geographyusing wondering to problem the extra ablesupport for extra capable students with distinctive academic wishes (dyslexia, ADHD, sensory imapirment and so on.
Low-stress assistance for demanding high-ability learnersMany lecturers ask: “What do I do for college kids who end their paintings earlier than every body else? ” if you want to do extra for presented scholars and wish uncomplicated options so that you can use day after today, this ebook is for you. inside of are beneficial equipment for demanding scholars who desire greater than the standard curriculum grants.
The hard workload and quick velocity of school usually crush scholars. with no entry to the fitting assets, a number of the 3 million U. S. students with disabilities fail or drop out—at a miles larger cost than their friends. This advisor is helping scholars, mom and dad, counselors and psychologists locate the proper assets and lodgings to aid scholars with disabilities effectively transition to varsity.
Akademische Arbeit aus dem Jahr 2004 im Fachbereich Pädagogik - Heilpädagogik, Sonderpädagogik, observe: 1,3, Universität Siegen, Sprache: Deutsch, summary: Von besonderer Bedeutung für diese Arbeit ist eine Einführung in die Konzeption und Arbeitsweise der Werkstätten für behinderte Menschen. Zunächst werde ich Ziele und Aufgaben aufzeigen und einen kurzen Einblick in die oft angeschlossenen Tagesförderstätten geben.
- Teacher's Survival Guide: Gifted Education (Teacher’s Survival Guide)
- Alternative Assessments for Identifying Gifted and Talented Students (Critical Issues in Equity and Excellence in Gifted Education)
- Strategies for Teaching Learners with Special Needs
- Pädagogische Handlungsmöglichkeiten bei Gehörlosen (German Edition)
- Frühförderung sozial benachteiligter Kinder. Eine Herausforderung an die Lernbehindertenpädagogik? (German Edition)
- Proven & Practical Study Strategies for ADHD High School and College Students
Additional resources for A Comprehensive Guide to Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
A Comprehensive Guide to Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities by Michael L. Wehmeyer,Ivan Brown,Maire Percy,W.L. Alan Fung,Karrie A. Shogren