By Jeffrey T. Freymueller,Peter J. Haeussler,Robert L. Wesson,Göran Ekström
Published by means of the yankee Geophysical Union as a part of the Geophysical Monograph sequence, quantity 179.
This multidisciplinary monograph offers the 1st sleek integrative precis considering the main superb energetic tectonic platforms in North America.
Encompassing seismology, tectonics, geology, and geodesy, it contains papers that summarize the nation of information, together with heritage fabric for these unusual with the zone; deal with worldwide hypotheses utilizing information from Alaska; and try out vital international hypotheses utilizing facts from this region.
It is equipped round 4 significant themes:
- subduction and nice earthquakes on the Aleutian Arc,
- the transition from strike slip to accretion and subduction of the Yakutat microplate,
- the Denali fault and comparable buildings and their position in accommodating everlasting deformation of the overriding plate, and
- regional integration and large-scale versions and using info from Alaska to handle vital worldwide questions and hypotheses.
The book's e-book close to the start of the nationwide technology Foundation's EarthScope undertaking makes it specifically well timed simply because Alaska could be the least understood sector in the EarthScope footprint, and curiosity within the zone will be anticipated to upward push with time as extra EarthScope info turn into available.
Read Online or Download Active Tectonics and Seismic Potential of Alaska: 179 (Geophysical Monograph Series) PDF
Best earth sciences books
Astrobiology is a multidisciplinary pursuit that during quite a few guises encompasses astronomy, chemistry, planetary and Earth sciences, and biology. It will depend on mathematical, statistical, and desktop modeling for idea, and area technological know-how, engineering, and computing to enforce observational and experimental paintings.
This booklet is the 1st contribution to the evaluate of Precambrian geology of China. It covers Precambrian geology of the North China Craton, the South China Craton and the Tarim Craton, in addition to different smaller blocks within the chinese language orogenic belts. It offers systematic options of the chinese language paleo-continents and comprises the main up to date achievements.
The papers during this quantity offer a unified method of the layout of underground constructions in stratified coal and mineral deposits. They comprise examples of underground constitution layout in coal and evaporite mines, and case histories of functionality of underground structures.
An important physique of theoretical and empirical experiences describes 'sense of position' as an end result of interconnected mental, social and environmental procedures in terms of actual place(s). feel of position has been tested, relatively in human geography, by way of either the nature intrinsic to a spot as a localized, bounded and fabric entity, and the feelings of attachment/detachment that people event and convey relating to particular locations.
- Characterization of an Upper Permian Tight Gas Reservoir: A Multidisciplinary, Multiscale Analysis from the Rotliegend, Northern Germany (Springer Theses)
- The European Information Society: Taking Geoinformation Science One Step Further (Lecture Notes in Geoinformation and Cartography)
- Mineral Resource Estimation
- Volcanic Hazards, Risks and Disasters (Hazards and Disasters)
Additional resources for Active Tectonics and Seismic Potential of Alaska: 179 (Geophysical Monograph Series)
Active Tectonics and Seismic Potential of Alaska: 179 (Geophysical Monograph Series) by Jeffrey T. Freymueller,Peter J. Haeussler,Robert L. Wesson,Göran Ekström